Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Roll2 has arrived!

On Monday evening at 5:00 P.M. Hawaii time I got a call from "The Bike Shop" letting me know that my bike was ready! Bad thing was that I was heading away from the bike shop at the time and wouldn't be back before they closed at 7:00 P.M. But have no fear. On my way to work on Tuesday I stopped by the shop and picked it up. All morning and part of the afternoon the bike sat in my car while I had to work till 7:00 P.M. Enough was enough. I couldn't take the agony and and went out to get my bike during a short break and brought it in to the office! I couldn't wait to get home and try it out. But to my disappointment...rain. So after I closed up the office I took the bike for a spin in the hallways of the building at 7:15 P.M. I will get some pictures of what it all looked like. Just picture me, new bike, huge smile, rain outside, riding through carpeted hallways of an office building. I could have done that all night but I had to get home because I was huuuungry. But all that mattered was that I got to ride my bike...

Today (Wed.) I thought after work I can finally take my bike to the streets where it belongs! Nope........Rain....again. Just as I finished up work it started to rain and it didn't stop. But that didn't stop me from going to a park on the way home and doing a couple laps in between intermittent showers till it got dark. I couldn't take any pictures due to a constant drizzle but when I go back with nice weather I'll be sure to take plenty.

Anyway, just wanted to update everyone that I got my Roll and will be getting some pics/video of my adventures very soon. If you haven't already noticed, one of my fellow bloggers, Robert, is battling cancer. If you have some time, please check out Robert's site and show him some support. Here's his fundraising website as well. He has a great story to tell and an even greater spirit to go along with it. So stop by and say hello.


5 comments:

  1. awesome. i can totally picture you riding through your office. so sad when a kid can't play with his new toy. also, nice plug for Robert - i'm sure he appreciates it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word: Fenders! What's a little island rain, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Wes...I'm glad to get to follow your blog and catch a glimpse of life in Hawaii. I heard all the Hotze's are coming to HI in January. Wish I could come! ~ Jen Lee (Kayla's cousin in Ames)

    ReplyDelete
  4. rain in honolulu is minor compared to rain in 40 degree weather. bike it through friend, you want the full experience, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely gonna ride in the rain. Just didn't want to bring the bike out for its first ride in the rain. I'm lucky I don't have to ride in 40 degrees and wet, I agree.

    ReplyDelete