Sunday, November 29, 2009

My Black Friday

Instead of waking up before dawn and waiting in a line to grab some deals, I woke up at 10, had some breakfast, lounged around for a while, and then went for a bike ride. I decided to check out the "waterfront" area. I checked out some piers where some fishing boats come in and where the fish auction is held. The area was pretty quiet, due to most of the people being off that day. I started off at Kakaako Park (the first two pictures) and then headed west towards the piers. I stopped off at Aloha Tower Marketplace where a huge cruise ship called the Golden Princess and some kind of Japanese ship had docked. Snapped a couple pics of Honolulu harbor. You can see the docks where a lot, and I mean A LOT of our resources come in. I wish I could have gotten a closer look, but safety and security reasons prohibited me from doing so. Headed down a little more to visit the "fishing" section, then u-turned it back toward the park. A short ride, but a fun one. Saw some cool things, got some new ideas, and didn't have to fight crowds or lines.


Honolulu and Diamond Head from the end of Kakaako Park

The Golden Princess cruise ship

Honolulu Harbor


Aloha Tower

The Fire Boat


No comments:

Post a Comment