Friday, December 25, 2009

Movie Premiers and Christmas Lights

Last Thursday AlohaFixed premiered two movies at Fresh Cafe. One was "London to Paris" and the other was "The Revival." Fresh Cafe cleared out their parking lot and set up a projector and speakers, premiering both movies on the side of the neighboring building. It was cool to see so many riders (fixed) come out. I snapped some pics and captured some video. After the movie premiers I decided to check out the Honolulu City Christmas Lights. By this time it was about 11:30 pm. Not too many people were on the streets, the temperature was comfortable in the mid to high 60s, it was quiet, and over all a nice time to ride actually. Just like Dan was saying in his blog "Night Ride" (12/15/09). On the way home I got a little hungry from all that riding so I stopped at a little hole-in-the-wall called "Miki's." It's a popular with the late night crowd. Their operation is simple: plate lunches are $5.75 and you have about 5 choices to chose from. Canned drinks are .75 cents and they also have smaller fares like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I chose to get the Beef Stew and a can of Passion Orange juice. I have to make sure to bring my camera when I get food so I can share it with you folks! Anyway, hope you folks like the footage.

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope your Christmas is Merry and Bright!



















Sweet cruiser outside of Fresh Cafe. Check out the seat and the handle bars!

Some of the guys that showed up for the premiere.

Fresh Cafe wall art.

More Fresh Cafe artwork

This is coolest Ramsey I know who works at Fresh.
The Fresh Menu

mmmm...bagels...



This guy rides with ONE leg! And can wheelie! Amazing...Inspirational!




To top it off, late night grindage from Miki's...Beef Stew plate: one scoop of rice, macaroni salad, pickled onions, and a can of Hawaiian Sun Passion Orange

1 comment:

  1. I really wanted to go to the London to Paris premiere in London, but couldn't make it. It's awesome how it's travelling around the world!

    ReplyDelete